Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024

Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024
Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024
  • Latest News

    Question of the Day - Day 3 Winners

     The winners of the Day 3 Book Title Challenge


    Vedakalyani K B, 7 D - Library Points : 28

    Fidha Rahman, 8 D - Library Points : 28

    Devananda R, 7 B - Library Points : 28

    Sanija S Dev, 9 D - Library Points : 28

    Neha P R , 7 B - Library Points : 27

    Ardra.R, 7 B - Library Points : 27

    Aman Rahman, 4 A - Library Points : 26

    Meera Vipin, 7 B - Library Points : 26

    SWATHY KRISHNA M S, 7 A - Library Points : 26

    ANANYA.PN, 9 B - Library Points : 25

    Sidharth S Nair, 7 A - Library Points : 25

    Only the top scorers are listed here. If you have participated in this challenge check your library points in the Digital Library. 

    Many students have got the correct answer. Scored fewer library points due to incomplete answers and incorrect reference of sources. Remember the question is about a book and if you are giving reference to the details of a TV series, it is not correct (even if the TV series is based on the book)

    Title of the Book : The Handmaid's Tale

    Author Name: Margaret Atwood

    More information about the book

    A story set in distant future in dystopian USA.

    Entire story is narrated by protagonist Offred through tape recordings.

    Won 1985 Governor General's Award; the first Arthur C. Clarke Award

    Nominated for Nebula Award, Booker Prize,Prometheus Award

    There is a film and a television series based on this book

    The Testaments is a sequel to this book

    This book has the distinction of being the first to win a prestigious award given for the best science fiction novel: Arthur C. Clarke Award

    Maragaret Atwood is a Canadian poet, novelist and environmentalist who is a winner of two Booker Prizes. She has also won  Arthur C. Clarke Award, the Governor General's Award, the Franz Kafka Prize, Princess of Asturias Awards, and the National Book Critics and PEN Center USA Lifetime Achievement Awards

    Atwood is also the inventor of the LongPen device and associated technologies that facilitate remote robotic writing of documents.

    How did they solve it?
    (in their own words)

    From observing the picture I got a word like "Hand cleaner's tail" but I didn't get any books to that search. Then I googled "tale" instead of "tail" and I got the book named "The Handmaid's Tale".

    I searched Google for Hand maid book it recommended "Handmaid's Tale" I read about it and got the answer.

    I looked at the puzzle and thought that it was something related to 'hand' 'cleaning' and 'tail'. I searched for it but didn't get any result. Then I searched for 'hand maid tale' and got the results.

    I found the answer by the help of Google,I searched first hand cleaning tail book but I found the book as The Handmaids tale & for the  confirmation of book I searched about maid & I found it correct.

    By seeing the puzzle I tried to guess the book and I got the answer as  "Handmaid tale" then I searched for the author. then searched for " awards given for handmaid tale. Then I got the answer.

    I solve the puzzle by searching science fiction novels, then I got the name of the book.

    I searched google hand maid tail then i got the title of the book.

    I searched hand lady tale book then it was showing the hand maid's tale so when I thought, the figures were matching so I give this answer.

    From the given clues  ,'Hand'  ' maid ' 'tail ' ..I  searched in google for the cover page images of   science fiction novels .Thus I got the Title of the novel.

    first i realised the title was starting from hand/palm and ending in tale,after some time i got list of famous science fictions at wikipedia in that i searched for H and i got the tiltle and author ..

    Firstly I searched best science fiction novel and with the help of hint I got key words that were hand cleaner or maid tail I observed each novel  and I got this book which was exactly matching to it 

    Hand+Maid+Tale= The Handmaid's Tale

    The clues of a hand,maid and tale and also the Clue about the award

    I thought about it for a long time and I googled for maid's tales so i got my results. 

    I understood the tail and hand but I didn't knew the 2ndand I searched the image in google search image and found maid Then I found the author of this book and finally I searched the awards and got it

    I searched for the key words that i got from the clue. I got "hand" and "Maid" but not the third word.  But fortunately when i searched "Hand Maid book " I got the answer. 

    I got the clues like hand, maid, tail..then I reffered in google.

    "Hand and tail were easy to find .

    But it was a bit difficult to find is maid or woman . Finally I searched ""Hand and Tail"" got book named Hand Maid Tale."

    I searched a lot regarding a sci-fi novel with the name 'hand housekeeper tale and things like that. At last I checked out the results for the image with Google lens, and got the 'maid' part. 

    I found that it starts with hand and ends with a tale and with the hint that it was the first to recieve a science fiction award then I searched  about some famous science fiction awards and found it.


    Previous Challenges and Winners

    No comments

    Thanks for leaving your comment. The comment will appear after modeation