Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024

Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024
Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024
  • Latest News

    Interview 6- Mrs Rugmini Menon, TGT English, K.V. Kanjikode

     As the final task, we, Shweta Sasidharan and Navya Vijayan, interviewed Mrs. Rugmini Menon, TGT English K.V Kanjikode, through Google Chat. The transcript of the interview is given below.

     
    10:52 AM Navya: You've been invited to this chat room!
      good morning madam

     Navya: Good Morning madam,

    10:53 AM sarupgt: Good Morning

    10:54 AM me: madam, we would like to interview you....regarding the reading project we are conducting

     sarupgt: Yes, I am ready. You can begin

    10:55 AM Navya: There is a general notion that reading habit is declining among students.

    10:56 AM What're your views in this regard?

    10:57 AM sarupgt: Yes, I too believe that reading habit is declining and that too at quite a fast rate. But then, I can vouch that there is a definite improvement in the reading habit in our school in the course of the last two years.

    10:58 AM me: can you name some of the reasons for the decline?

    11:02 AM 
    sarupgt: The influence of the computer and the television on the present generation are the major factors. Children are glued to the idiot and scientific boxes during their leisure and they spend very less time with their books.

    11:03 AM They feel that surfing the net for information is much easier than poring through books...

    11:04 AM me: oh !

    11:05 AM sarupgt: Similarly many stories and novels have been adapted as movies. So children prefer to watch them to reading books...

    11:06 AM I hope you remember the result of the survey on reading that we conducted for the Story Board. I don't remember the question.

    11:07 AM me: yes mam......majority of the students did prefer movies to books which was surprising to know

      Navya I don't remember the exact number...can u specify it??

    11:08 AM Navya: 237 out of 300 students said they preferred movies to books.

    11:12 AM 
    me: in the present survey that we conducted separately for teachers and students, the former were of the view that there has been a steep decline in the reading habit whereas the latter opined that the habit has definitely improved. What do you have to say about it?

    11:15 AM 
    sarupgt: I think this question has been answered initially. I would like to reiterate that the reading habit among the students of our school has increased by leaps and bonds in the last couple of years.
      Yes...

    11:16 AM Navya: Do you think the KVS Library Policy and CBSE Reading project have played a role in this?

     sarupgt: Of course..

    11:19 AM The KVS Library Policy has been framed to promote reading habits among children and to improve the Library facilities. As a member of the Library Committee I can proudly say that we have tried out different ways and means to promote reading in our school...
      Moreover, the initiative of our Librarian and also our Principal needs special mention.

    11:20 AM me: what about the CBSE reading project??

    11:21 AM 
    sarupgt: Yes, it is a good beginning to nurture the dormant reading skills in the children...
      If it can be filtered down to the lower classes too, it would really be advantageous...

    11:23 AM Navya: And madam....a very important question.....What about our THREE MEN IN A BOAT?

    11:25 AM me: what suggestions would you give to improve reading habit in the future?\

     sarupgt: Ha, Ha.I know the response that you want from me. To be frank, I really loathed reading the book initially. But, now I just love reading it. I enjoy the jokes and laugh to myself, when I go through it. I think the IX class next year will be benefited better. better,

    11:26 AM me: mam please give your suggestions madam to improve reading habits?

    11:27 AM sarupgt: The kind of activities that we are promoting at present is good enough. ..

    11:29 AM 
    sarupgt: As the saying goes, "Variety is the spice of life". New activities which would attract the students to the library should be chalked out....

    11:30 AM Navya has joined

     me: thank you madam. it was great interviewing you.

    11:31 AM sarupgt: Teachers too should play a prominent role in motivating the children. Thus through the combined effort of the Principal,Librarian, teachers and students, we will be able to do wonders in the coming days. With this positive hope, I am ending.Thank you.

    11:34 AM me: madam we will be posting the report and details of our survey on our blog. please do visit and do post your comments.

     sarupgt: I will surely visit your blog and post my comments.

    11:37 AM me: Thank you, madam.

    No comments

    Thanks for leaving your comment. The comment will appear after modeation